This is so absolutely fabulous I am calling up Jennifer Saunders for a reunion.
In Space, No One Can Hear You Dance
A downloadable game for Windows
Your mission, which you have no choice to except, is to explore our galaxy for a new home for the inhabitants of earth. Money was a bit tight with the impending extinction of the human race so your ship may be missing a few things. Ok really just one thing, the fuel tanks. I hope you're a good dancer because your ship has the latest in dance-to-energy© technology. So the mission is simple, dance to the prompts on the screen and you will get enough energy to make it to the next planet. Mess up and you will drift thought space for all eternity. Good Luck!
How To Play
The Goal is to build up your power gauge on the right to at least the green bar by the end of the song. You do this by following the swipe motions dictated by the screen. When the arrow reaches the orange line, perform the correct swipe action. The better your timing is the more power and points you receive.
- Green is your right hand
- The direction indicated which way to swipe (Up, Down, Right)
- Blue is your left hand
- The direction indicated which way to swipe (Up, Down, Left)
You can also build up a multiplier by chaining successful perfect actions. Each time you complete a song you will warp to the next planet and receive another song to complete. Make it all the way to the end and you win.
- If you find that gestures aren't working for a hand, pull your hand out of the scene and slowly bring it back in with your fingers spread.
- Don't move your hand too fast. Gestures should be nice and controlled to allow Leap Motion to not lose track of your hands.
- Keep your hands where you can see them. If you can't see your hands then neither can Leap.
- Avoid highly reflective objects being right in front of the leap motion. This will cause little "suns" in the screen do to the IR being reflected.
This game was built in Unity3D for the Leap Motion 3DJam by Pixelshot Games. The goal was to try to create a full game experience with levels and an end goal using VR. Pixelshot Games is currently a one man operation.
- Leap Motion controller (SDK 2.3.1 was used to create the game) mounted on the front of the Oculus Rift using either the Leap Motion Head Mount or duck tape (not recommended)
- Oculus Rift DK2 using 0.7.0 SDK or higher
- Windows 7 or higher (I haven't tested in Vista)
- Download the game from itch.io
- Unzip the contents to folder. This should be the folder you want to install the game to.
- Make sure your Leap Motion is working
- Make sure Oculus Rift is working
- Execute the file named SpaceDance.exe
- Use "R" to recenter the camera
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.